Help Stop Violence Against Women & Girls
Globally, 1 in 3 women experiences sexual or physical violence in her lifetime. Rates of gender-based violence increased dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the situation continues to worsen crisis as communities struggle with the compounding impacts of climate change, conflict, resource scarcity, increased commodity costs and deepening food insecurity.
CARE believes every person has the right to a life free from violence. Your donation can help women and girls around the world be safe. Your support is critical:
- $35 can purchase life-saving supplies for the clinical management of sexual violence.
- $50 can cover locks for latrines in a refugee settlement, a location with a high risk of sexual violence and harassment.
- $75 can provide 3 women and girls with confidential referrals for gender-based violence (GBV) and sexual reproductive health (SRH) services.
- $150 can cover a community dialogue to prevent GBV, raise awareness about the consequences of violence, and promote GBV and SRH services.
- $250 can support emergency shelter for a woman at risk of intimate partner violence.
- $500 can install lighting in a refugee camp in areas known for sexual violence and harassment.